Sure, that question has merit. I only answered his first question.

But the emissions I was particularly referring to were combustion emissions at
the tailpipe...not CO2 emissions, which certainly are of relevance.

But when the ZEV standards were adopted, the driver was nonattainment criteria
pollutants.

Efficiency certainly has bearing on GHGs, cost and other things, but is not the
be all, end all. Or the hobbyists on this list would be arguing incessantly
about ...everything.

Clearly, at the tailpipe, nat gas v. H2 is "some emission number I don't know
off the top of my head" versus zero.  I guess if you go want to go beyond that
you might assume worse case (?) that the cars are in the SCAQMD and the H2 is
all produced by steam reformation in-basin. I don't know what that number looks
like, but I'll bet it's still a huge advantage  to use H2.

Sent from my iPhone