http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/msu-hosts-electric-car-show-for-earth-week/32537164
MSU hosts electric car show for Earth Week
By Shellye Leggett  [20150423]

[image
http://www.nbcmontana.com/image/view/-/32537120/medRes/1/-/maxh/360/maxw/640/-/j2seid/-/Still0423-00002-jpg.jpg
(open hood shot)
]

BOZEMAN, Mont. - On display Thursday at MSU, a group of unique vehicles for
students to admire part of a special car show as the university celebrates
Earth Week. Ron Gompertz has been driving an electric vehicle since 2006.

"I've always enjoyed having unusual sports cars, vintage cars, restoring old
cars," said Gompertz.

He bought a regular Subaru in 2008 and spent two years turning it into an
electric car.

"This vehicle here is a do-it-yourself Subaru designed for Montana's all
season weather and it retains the Subaru's 4-wheel drive system, but it
drives 100 percent electric battery," said Gompertz.

His car was one of a half dozen on display Thursday at the Centennial Mall
on campus at MSU.

"This is not a regular car show, this is a car show only for electric
vehicles," said MSU NECO Vice President Katie Nolan.

Event organizers said the car show was part of Earth Week at MSU.

"Electric vehicles actually are more energy efficient than gasoline
vehicles," said Nolan.

Gompertz explained one thing that makes his vehicle stand out from regular
cars.

"I've never had an oil change, never had a tune up," said Gompertz.

And he said re-charging is easy.

"You can charge like you would any other chargeable device," said Gompertz.

But, he said, electric cars are not for everyone. They can cost more up
front and while some cars can go just as fast as any vehicle and the charge
lasts a couple of days, others only reach speeds of 35 mph and hold a charge
for one day.

"Electric cars are primarily used for local driving," said Gompertz.

But as students stopped by to admire the cars, Gompertz said he hopes to
spread awareness and help celebrate Earth Week. This was the electric car
show's fourth year, hosted by the Network of Environmentally Conscious
Organizations.
[© 2015 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM]
http://www.evalbum.com/3766
Gompertz's 2008 Subaru Forester Sport AWD EV
http://lauratoyota.com/an-all-electric-subaru-forester/
An All-Electric Subaru Forester -
Meet Ron Gompertz, owner of Wild Joe's Coffee downtown. He converted this
Subaru Forester to all-electric over a bozeman subaru forester period of 4
years.
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ron-gompertz/10/394/665
2011 - Present - President / CEO of Eco Auto Inc dba Wild Joe's Coffee Spot,
voted Bozeman's favorite coffee house in the Best of Bozeman survey and
recipient of Montana's Eco Star award.
[http://www.yelp.com/biz/wild-joes-coffee-spot-bozeman]

2006- 2011 - President / CEO of Eco Auto, representing all-electric vehicle
manufacturers and specializing in all-electric fleet vehicle alternatives.
http://www.biznet-mt.com/firms/5262250/
Ron Gompertz, founder of Eco Auto Inc in Bozeman, Montana sells ... electric
vehicles for fleet and personal use in the states of Montana, Wyoming, Idaho
and the Dakotas ...

[dated]
http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g45095-d2458408-i127635753-Wild_Joes_Coffee_Spot-Bozeman_Montana.html
Mar 2015 - Wild Joe*s all-electric Subaru is a one-of-a-kind, built to be a
zero-emissions errand runner
https://www.fac ebook.com/video.php?v=10151328019620314&theater
[March 1, 2012] - Ron Gompertz Talks About The Rise of the Electric Car (v)
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/electric-subaru/image_fb810df2-4235-11e1-8c85-001871e3ce6c.html
Electric Subaru - Bozeman Daily Chronicle: News
Jan 18, 2012 ... Ron Gompertz stands next to the Subaru Forester that he
converted to run on electricity outside his coffee shop, Wild Joe's, on
Wednesday.
http://www.i-club.com/forums/ongoing-projects-31/my-diy-subaru-electric-forester-sport-232987/
My DIY Subaru Electric Forester Sport - i-Club
07-15-2011 - Folks in the electric vehicle community were telling me a
Subaru was a ... Each  morning, I drive off with a full tank of electricity.
... Ron Gompertz
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f62/magazine-cover-story-my-subaru-ev-conversion-97420/
Magazine cover story on my Subaru EV conversion - Subaru Forester ...
Jul 13, 2011 ... My Forester All-Electric car featured in magazine cover
story ... Ron Gompertz  Bozeman ... When is Subaru going to come out real
EV?

For EVLN posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

http://www.caradvice.com.au/350254/nissan-australia-boss-frustrated-with-uninformed-politicians/
Nissan Australia boss frustrated with uninformed politicians

http://www.fastcoexist.com/3045027/in-berlin-electric-buses-that-charge-when-they-stop
Berlin.de e-Buses Charge When They Stop, No ugly overhead wires needed

http://www.truckinginfo.com/channel/fuel-smarts/article/story/2015/04/trading-diesel-for-kilowatts.aspx
Trading Diesel ice for ElecTruck Kilowatts > cost$ are lower

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1504/S00512/free-electric-vehicle-charger-proving-popular.htm
An Auckland.nz Free L2 EVSE proving popular

http://www.portclintonnewsherald.com/story/news/local/2015/04/17/kaptur-dedicate-electric-car-charging-station/25939415/
L2 EVSE @Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge Oak Harbor, OH
+
EVLN: Fiat 500e EV recall> update to SW version that has limp-mode

{brucedp.150m.com}