Personally, my skepticism revolves around the hub motors (pun intended).  Lots
of people have tried them, and few or none have succeeded.

If the motor was something else, I think their chance of success would be
higher.

However, a year is a very aggressive target.  To me, the project seems similar
in scope to the Sunrise 2 project.  It is a huge project.

Mike