At over 4700 lb Tesla is hardly the benchmark for efficiency.  My 2260 lb ev
5 1/2 year average energy use is 216 Wh/mile from the wall, with about 50%
travel on highways at 55 - 65 mph.  Charger efficiency, measured several
times, is 0.91, so that's about 197 Wh/mile or 5.1 miles/kWh excluding
charger losses.

What I've read also says that hub wheels are a problem for higher speed
vehicles due to unsprung weight, but I've no experience with them.  A range
of 186 miles for my vehicle would require about a 46 kWh pack, assuming 20%
DoD, and not too much increase in vehicle weight due to this larger pack
size - so higher specific energy cells than the 103 kWh/kg it presently has.
This vehicle is supposed to be lighter than mine, but still likely will need
significantly larger than 24kWh pack for 186 miles.  I expect like others
gone before it will not be completed, but there is always some hope.