On Jun 3, 2015, at 9:26 AM, Robert Bruninga via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> "Yes, slow charging is just fine, in fact, better for the life of the
> battery than "fast charging".  The reason they cannot recommend it is the
> simply the *ergonomics* of customer expectations of the "miles-to-go"
> gauge.

Thanks for that explanation.

My parents's charging pattern is going to be to make it an habit to plug in the
car every time they put it in the driveway, or to only plug it in those times
when the guess-o-meter is reading fewer miles than they think they'll drive the
next day. Which is exactly the same thing they'd do with the 220V charger.

So, I'll tell Dad to save his money -- which I had already strongly suggested
he'd want to do.

Thanks!

b&