So do I - hike, climb (sometimes on loose talus). But there's a difference between climbing for fun (and in nature) and walking around home or work on a daily basis. Just look at how many people won't even walk 5 blocks to the grocery! Don't believe me? Ask around.

Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "tomw via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Sent: 25-Jun-15 5:55:00 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: pavegen.com tiles charge EV from human foot traffic (v)

/"It's irrelevant to study the amount of displacement. The important fact is
that what ever energy is produced came from a person's expenditure!  I
think, other than for a novel experience, most people would abhor trudging
around on energy sucking pavement."/
Abhor it? Really? I can see abhoring genocide, or nuclear war, but loosing a small amount of energy each step? Myself, I regularly hike 10 - 20 miles and 3000 - 6000 ft elevation gain, some of it through loose granite and/or talus where it is one step up, 1/2 step down, for the fun of it. I don't
really think the energy loss to pavegen would bother me all that much.

Yes, I do understand conservation of energy Cor, no need to elaborate. A 1/2" displacement would certainly be noticeable. I was thinking it might be more like an order of magnitude less, and only a very small amount of energy gained with each step, requiring high traffic to amount to much energy. So
with small displacement and small energy it would hardly be noticed.

--
View this message in context: http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Re-EVLN-pavegen-com-tiles-charge-EV-from-human-foot-traffic-v-tp4676441p4676517.html Sent from the Electric Vehicle Discussion List mailing list archive at Nabble.com.