Watched the test on the video. In the end, he states "Four of the cells were toast." at the end of the test. These were the cells that were _not_ protected by the BMS. This looks like the BMS did its job quite well and the test showed what was expected.

I guess you can interpret results in whatever way fits your theory, but when the unprotected cells were "toast" then you really have to stretch your interpretation beyond the limits of credibility.

There were folks right here on this list that performed a _scientific_ test. They cycled cells to find their capacity, charged the cells fully, then placed them in storage. After extended time on the shelf, they tested the state of charge by repeating the cycle once more to ambivalently determine the state of charge and capacity once again. They found, scientifically, there was indeed self discharge.

The peer reviewed literature agrees with the scientific tests that Lee Hart tried for himself. Also, the peer-reviewed literature also says that self-discharge doubles with each 10 Celsius increase in temperature (which is a classic Arrhenius relation, as everyone knows that has taken a chemistry course at the college level.) We all know that the end cells have a completely different thermal environment than the middle cells, when placed in a multi-cell pack. The cell temperature varies, causing self-discharge to vary in a documented non-linear fashion. The cells gradually get out of balance when placed in service in a high-voltage pack, even if they were manufactured equally and perfectly.

Do you understand the difference between "anecdotal evidence" and "scientific test"? When you say "I measured the voltage and it was close to the same" that is anecdotal evidence. While Lee Hart's experiment of carefully measuring state of charge by cycling the cell before and after storage was a scientific test.

I'm wondering, are you so certain of your "anecdotal evidence" that you would be willing to pay for burned cars, garages, and perhaps homes of the folks that choose to follow your advice? Be careful what you wish for.

Bill D.