Bill Dube via EV wrote:
The peer reviewed literature agrees with the scientific tests that Lee
Hart tried for himself... Do you understand the difference between "anecdotal
evidence" and
"scientific test"? When you say "I measured the voltage and it was close
to the same" that is anecdotal evidence. While Lee Hart's experiment of
carefully measuring state of charge by cycling the cell before and after
storage was a scientific test.

Thanks, Bill! But I must say, I'm no scientist. I'm just an engineer and serious amateur experimenter. I don't work for any big company or university. My equipment is mostly old, used, donated, or home-made, because it's what I can afford.

But I do try to be scientific. A good scientist is skeptical. When he sees results, he looks for flaws. What are they selling? How did they do the tests? What did they miss? Have the results been duplicated? Then he tries it for himself. There is so much "bad science" that you simply can't believe most of what you find in popular literature and the internet.

I encourage everyone else to do the same. It's not hard or expensive to test for yourself!
--
If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?
        -- Albert Einstein