Yes, but a grid-tied solar system does not need a "dump battery" so that
is a 100% wasted investment.  Just charge from the net-metereed solar
system as is.  Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Cor van de Water
via EV
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 4:12 PM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Light-weight 100W PV roof panel for 48V e-carts> ?Is
it worth it?

Bob,
I think the comparison of dump pack versus roof mounted option was
comparing a house mounted solar+dump solution to a *car*roof mounted solar
panel, which is easy to beat in financial terms due to the cost of
flexible solar for car roof and the unreliable insolation on a car.
Other attempts at this have constructed car charging car ports to get
increased efficiency from solar panels other than on the car itself.

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626          Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130          private: cvandewater.info
www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received
this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of this
message is prohibited.