"The car he had in California was electric.
It had a 10KWh battery and would go 100 miles between charges - It weighed
under 1,000 pounds. I rode in the car some 50 miles or so, and was impressed
with the ride, comfort etc. It carried 4 passengers. "
Maybe it's the tires but the VLC gets nowhere near the efficiency of the 4
passenger solar vehicles competing in the World Solar Challenge.  The VLC may
get 100 miles on 10kw of batteries but Stella gets 375 miles on 16kw.  I think
the difference is the motor and the tires as the CD is the same.  Lawrence
Rhodes