Agree 100% that dumping excess solar/wind energy into H2 for storage is an
absolute good idea that will work.  Now, then how to turn around and burn
it:

1) Come up with a distribution system to pipe this billions of cubic feet
of hydrogen in little tiny chunks over hundreds of millions of square miles
of the country to the tiny tanks in cars in garages all across the country.

2) Electrolyze the hydrogen at the wind or solar aggregator and then burn
it there at one spot in a turbine when needed.

3) Electrolyze the hydrogen into local tanks at existing gas turbine
generating plants and burn as needed.

My opinion is that #1 is stupid. but that #2 and #3 could be done
economically.

4) it might be possible (but again stupidly complex) to let each Fool cell
home garage have an electric hydrogen generator that absorbs excess
solar/wind peaks and makes hydrogen and then compresses it into the cars
tank.

5) Put the hydrogen hydrolyzer/compressor/tank on the car and simply PLUG
IN the Fool Cell car to the 220v outlet in the garage getting signals when
to operate on excess energy.  Here the fool cell car really does run on a
water tank and dumped excess energy.

But I cannot see how #4 or #5 could EVER be simpler or economical compared
to an EV with only one morving part and a battery.

Bob, WB4APR