'We can’t build an electric GT-R today. But I’d love to'

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/10/16/nissan-wants-build-electric-gtr/
Nissan would love to build an all-electric GT-R
Oct 16th 2015  Chris Bruce

[images  / Jonathom Ramsey
http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/750x422/quality/95/http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/159/663/3/S1596633/slug/l/03-2015-nissan-gt-r-fd-1.jpg
2016 GT-R 2016 Nissan GT-R [ice] MSRP $101,770

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/750x422/quality/95/http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/159/663/4/S1596634/slug/l/04-2015-nissan-gt-r-fd-1.jpg

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/750x422/quality/95/http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/159/663/1/S1596631/slug/l/01-2015-nissan-gt-r-fd-1.jpg

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/750x422/quality/95/http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/159/663/2/S1596632/slug/l/02-2015-nissan-gt-r-fd-1.jpg

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/750x422/quality/95/http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/159/665/6/S1596656/slug/l/26-2015-nissan-gt-r-fd-1.jpg

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/750x422/quality/95/http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/159/665/8/S1596658/slug/l/28-2015-nissan-gt-r-fd-1.jpg
]

As the current Nissan GT-R gets older, rumors seem to be popping up with
increasing frequency about what tech might be in store for the next
generation. Hopping right over all of that speculation, one Nissan exec is
now talking about his dreams for the company's halo model even further into
the future. Regardless of whether a hybrid GT-R could be on the way,
European EV Director Gareth Dunsmore thinks a fully electric version could
happen one day.

"I can't see a technical reason why we wouldn't be able to implement
electric vehicle technology in something like a performance vehicle,"
Dunsmore said to Top Gear. Although don't get too excited yet, Godzilla
fans. "We can't build an electric GT-R today," he admitted. "But do I want
to? I'd love to."

According to Dunsmore, there're still many steps before the GT-R could go
fully electric. The team and Nissan would need to prove than an EV could
really take on the best performance cars out there. "It needs to be a world
beater," he said to Top Gear.

The dream actually echoes rumors from years ago. As far back as 2010, Nissan
was reportedly at least toying with the idea of making the GT-R into an EV,
among some other options. The concern then was that Godzilla might be
silenced by tightening emissions standards.

In 2010, an electric GT-R was probably still too avant-garde to actually
happen, but things have changed. A Tesla Model S in Ludicrous mode can hit
60 in a claimed 2.8 seconds, and it's not designed to be a laser-focused
sports car. Imagine what could be possible, if Nissan aimed a production EV
solely for performance.
[© autoblog.com]
http://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/watch-out-tesla-all-electric-nissan-gt-r-could-be-coming
Watch out Tesla: the all-electric Nissan GT-R could be coming
Stephen Dobie  16 Oct 2015
http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/electric-vehicles/nissan-open-to-the-idea-of-building-electric-gt-r-131666/
Nissan open to the idea of building electric GT-R
by sourabhon  October 17, 2015
http://www.i4u.com/2015/10/95814/nissan-plans-build-all-electric-gt-r
Nissan Plans to Build an All-Electric GT-R
Oct 17 2015 | by M. Affan
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/nissan-would-love-an-electric-gt-r-ar171507.html
Nissan Would Love An Electric GT-R
10.16.2015  by Robert Moore ...
“We can’t build an electric GT-R today. But do I want to? I’d love to.”

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.150m.com}