On Oct 21, 2015, at 4:08 PM, Roland <e...@msn.com> wrote:

> A electrical worker say he has install a 30 amp circuit, may only mean that
> the wire size is rated for 24 amps at 50 foot circuit run or 16 amps at a 70
> foot run for a 1 percent voltage drop.

I don't remember the actual gauge wire he ran -- this was a few years ago --
but I do remember that there was a calculation based on current and length and
the rest, and that the cost of the wire was significant.

I'll find out when I finally have an outlet hooked up to the connectionless box
he put in, but I'm reasonably confident I won't be cursing him when that time
comes.

b&