On Oct 23, 2015, at 12:29 AM, brucedp5 via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> It's essentially down to the "smartphone mentality," the report says: buyers
> aren't interested in keeping their cars long term, because they expect
> something better to supersede them fairly soon.

I really, really hope this trend is short-lived. Trading gas-powered cars that
stay on the road for a couple decades for electric vehicles that stay on the
road for a couple years isn't going to do the planet any favors.

I think a good way to put the brakes on this trend...would be a real promise
for battery upgrades.

b&