It might - do good, that is. The faster used EVs get cheaper, the faster we'll get ICEs off the road. So what if the early adopters keep their EV 2 years and get another EV. As long as they don't revert to an ICE, who cares?

Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "Ben Goren via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "brucedp5" <bruce...@operamail.com>; "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: 23-Oct-15 12:32:39 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: EV Drivers Love 'Em, But Don't Buy 'Em, Why Leasing Rules Big

On Oct 23, 2015, at 12:29 AM, brucedp5 via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

It's essentially down to the "smartphone mentality," the report says: buyers aren't interested in keeping their cars long term, because they expect
 something better to supersede them fairly soon.

I really, really hope this trend is short-lived. Trading gas-powered cars that stay on the road for a couple decades for electric vehicles that stay on the road for a couple years isn't going to do the planet any favors.

I think a good way to put the brakes on this trend...would be a real promise for battery upgrades.

b&