On 11/30/2015 04:09 PM, brucedp5 via EV wrote:

[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/S-10-air-dam-J1772-inlet-behind-flip-up-license-plate-tp4678948
S-10 air dam, J1772 inlet behind flip up license plate
]

I think you did a great job.
Perhaps later you may want to add some protection to those bumper mounted
inlets.

The plastic air dam is mounted to the bottom of the front bumper, and is slightly sloped back under the vehicle. (But, the flip up license plate and inlets do stick out of the dam about 1 inch...)

I haven't finished mounting the dam back under the main bumper, but I expect that in any minor bump accident the plastic air dam will bend in slightly (it's only attached at the top, the bottom floats free) and then the bumper will stop whatever is pushing on it. In any major accident I'll have more to worry about than my inlets ;>

Mostly, I'm counting on my relatively long history of not running into people/things to keep the front area of the truck safe...

After I do the final mounting I'll re-evaluate if I think it needs any extra bumpers/pads around it. I'm more worried that it will be so low to the ground that I'll have to bend down uncomfortably low to plug it in....

Jay