http://insideevs.com/nevs-signs-deal-for-150000-saab-9-3-electric-cars-to-panda-new-energy/
Nevs Signs Deal For 150,000 Saab 9-3 Electric Cars To Panda New Energy
[December 17, 2015]  Jay Cole

[image
http://insideevs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/saab-epower-assembly.jpg
How Many SAAB 9-3s Do You Want Again Panda New Energy?

http://insideevs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/saab-epower.jpg
An All-Electric Saab Out For A Test Spin
]

National Electric Vehicle Sweden (NEVS) put out a press release today with
numbers so large, it can’t be ignored.

Specifically a 78 billion RMB ($12 billion US) deal with Chinese company
Panda New Energy (a plug-in leasing company) to supply 150,000 9-3
all-electric sedans by the end of 2020, and another 100,000 “other EV
products and services” to other random companies for good measure.

Here is the press release from NEVS on the deal:

    Nevs has signed a Strategic Collaboration Agreement with Panda New
Energy Ltd., about 150,000 9-3 Sedan EV

    National Electric Vehicle Sweden (Nevs) and the Chinese company Panda
New Energy Co., Ltd. have signed a strategic collaboration agreement.
According to the agreement, Nevs will provide Panda with 150,000 9-3 sedan
electric vehicles until the end of 2020. In addition, the agreement also
includes 100 000 other EV products and services from companies associated to
Nevs and its owners. The total value of the agreement is 78 billion RMB.

    Panda New Energy is a new energy vehicle leasing company with focus on
low emission mobility solutions. Cooperating with many chauffeured car
service platforms in China, Panda aims to become one of the biggest EV
leasing companies in the world.

    “This is a strategic collaboration for Nevs not only in terms of the
numbers of vehicles, but it is also an important step to implement our
vision and new business plan. In the long term, we want to provide our
customers with both sustainable products and mobility services,” said Stefan
Tilk, Vice Chairman Nevs.

    ”We are very pleased to form a cooperation with Nevs, a company with a
rich innovation heritage and the right ability to fulfil our demands. Being
in an emerging market for new energy vehicles, we are happy to find a
partner who shares our commitment to the environment,” said Ma Chao,
Chairman Panda New Energy.

    National Electric Vehicle Sweden AB’s (Nevs) vision is to shape mobility
for a more sustainable future, and focuses on the development of electric
vehicles and sustainable mobility services. Nevs acquired the main assets of
the former Saab Automobile in 2012. Nevs is Co-owned by National Modern
Energy Holdings, Tianjin Binhai Hi-tech industrial Development Area (THT),
and the Beijing State Research Information Technology Co., Ltd. (SRIT).

As to specifics on the deal, there is not much to go on, Mikael Ostlund – a
NEVS spokesperson said the all-electric  9-3’s body be built and painted in
Trollhattan, Sweden, and then shipped to Nevs’ factory in China for final
assembly.   Mr. Ostlund also spoke to Swedish news agency TT, stating the
new order would create jobs for “hundreds of people.”

Who is Panda New Energy Ltd?  According to the AFP, “Panda cooperates with
chauffeured car service platforms in China, and aims to become one of the
biggest electric vehicle leasing companies in the world.”
[© insideevs.com]

http://www.industryweek.com/global-economy/china-orders-12-billion-electric-cars-former-saab-outfit
China Orders $12 Billion in Electric Cars from Former Saab Outfit
Dec 17, 2015
http://www.industryweek.com/site-files/industryweek.com/files/imagecache/large_img/uploads/2015/12/nevs.jpg
http://www.themalaymailonline.com/drive/article/chinas-panda-new-energy-orders-electric-cars-from-nevs-formerly-saab-for-us#
China’s Panda New Energy orders electric cars from Nevs (formerly Saab) for
US$12b
December 17, 2015
http://www.themalaymailonline.com/images/sized/ez/1712-drive-saab_factory_china_620_412_100.jpg
http://phys.org/news/2015-12-china-panda-electric-cars-bn.html
China's Panda orders electric cars for $12 bn from Nevs, ex-Saab
December 17, 2015
http://cdn.phys.org/newman/csz/news/800/2015/chinaspandan.jpg

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/