>  ...all the work (power) the motor for the compressor
> and the two more for fans of the condenser and
> evaporator, would consume more energy Vs the
> heat efficiency of simply using a resitive heater?

Not at all.  The energy of the fan and pump are about 1/3rd or so of the
heat you get out of it.

When I turn my cheap 5000 BTu window AC around in the winter and use it as
a heatpump in the winter, its not only pumping 5000 BTU of heat into the
house, but the electric energy of the fans and  compressor are also on the
hot side and also in the house, so the 600 Watts of electrical power (about
2000 more BTU) are also in the house, so we are getting a total of about
7000 BTU of heat for only 2000 BTU of electricity.  Not bad at all.

Of course, the window AC was not designed to be a haetpump and I dont expec
it works well at all below about 40 F outside temperature, but it is great
above that.

Bob, WB4APR