If your battery boxes are a bit deeper than mine, and you can put the leaf modules in vertically you should be able to fit them. However, if they are sized for 12 lead acid batteries, you may have difficulty getting all 48 leaf modules in.

I put all 48 leaf modules in the space that was formerly occupied by 16 golf cart batteries, with a (little!) space left over.

I'll be posting my installation video in a few days, you'll probably want to watch it ;>

I had to cut the bottom ends of my "wood plates" down to 1/2" long (minimal air flow distance) to get them to fit, as well as cut off all the excess threaded rod, and there isn't much room on the "top" side with all the connections, so it's basically about minimal. You could get some more room by using thin steel instead of wood, but then would have to worry about conductivity ;>

If you built your own battery boxes and don't mind re-welding them, you should be able to easily get more modules in them if you make them fit the vertically size of the leaf modules (this also allows all connections to be on the top, which would have been much nicer!

Jay