Peri Hartman via EV wrote:
Lawrence, you get amazing range. I wish I could get range like that.
Although I have to admit it's rare that I take it further than about 10
miles on the freeway. The majority is on hilly, stop & go city streets
where I get closer to 2.5 to 3.5 miles / kwh. Out of curiosity, what
metrics do you get in stop & go?

I have a 2013 Leaf, and routinely get 4-5 miles/kwh on the dashboard 'guess gauge'. In the summer, it's been as high as 5.2 miles/kwh for a charge cycle (40-50 miles total before recharging). In winter, it drops to around 4 miles/kwh. I normally charge on 120vac, and only to 80%.

But, we live in a small town (Sartell MN). There are no expressways, mountains or even significant hills, so this is all low speed driving. I've been driving EVs for years, and so instinctively "feather-foot" it. No hard acceleration, drive at or below the posted speed limit, coast rather than brake, etc. (No, I'm not giving EVs a bad name by driving this way, because in a small town there isn't anyone behind me).

We've never pushed it to the limits of its range. The worst "stress test" was once when my son drove it to work (40 miles round trip), and got low battery warnings coming back home. But, he didn't charge it to 100% before leaving, took the expressway to the next town (probably at 10mph over the limit), and it was -10 deg.F so he ran the heater full blast. He didn't look at the state of charge before charging.

--
Knowledge is better than belief. Belief is when someone else does
your thinking.  -- anonymous