Hi folks
I was wondering if it makes sense to convert a Smart Car and does anyone know
of a good conversion kit?  The problem with the Smart ED as I was looking at a
used 2014 is they want a $80 monthly battery rental fee for ten years or $9600
on top of the car price. Also there is *no* service manual available from
Mercedes.  I called several Smart dealers and they said their service
department can't even get a service manual.  Also I can't find any way to
monitor the individual cells like my Leaf or iMiev   And If you buy the battery
for an additional $5k the warranty is only 4 years and 50k miles. Battery
replacement cost is $29k verified at several dealers.  The Leaf and iMiev are
100k 8 year warranty and the Leaf is $5.5k to replace and the iMiev is about
$12k a dealer said.  I'm thinking of selling my Ghia www.evalbum.com/4346 and
buying a used iMiev or Smart ED. I already have a Leaf that my son drives
mostly and both EVs are charged from the sun.
Have a renewable energy day
Mark

Sent from my iPhone