I think Tesla is the wildcard that will help ensure the continuation of EVs.
Tesla is actually nearing the end of their EV tax credits in the next year or
two.  If the EV credits are removed, that could actually help Tesla by leveling
the playing field.  They would have been facing competition where other
manufacturers still had credits and they wouldn't.

Even if other manufacturers are claiming EVs aren't feasible, Tesla will still
be there, proving they are.

Artificially low fuel prices could be maintained, but not forever.  Even with
fairly low fuel prices, electric vehicles are still making progress.  I'm
hoping we are facing a tipping point where enough people have ridden in or
driven an electric vehicle that they see how much fun they are.

I think there is one area that electric vehicles could still use help.  It
could be encouraged by state or Federal policies.  People living in apartments
today struggle to get charging facilities.  It would be helpful to have
policies, but I don't think we will see those unless in some progressive states.

Mike