Hi Mark,
There are some red flags that you are often warned about, such as using
a check or money order from abroad that appears legit on first sight,
but two or 3 weeks later your bank calls that the piece of paper is
worthless.
The most often occurring form of that scam was that they sent you a too
large payment, to cover the cost of shipment and honest sellers would
send the buyers a personal check or cash for the overage. So, after all
was said and done, they were out of their car, and shipping costs and
whatever cash or check they sent to the buyer, only left with a
worthless piece of paper.
So, if the type of payment you receive is not a guaranteed type of
payment (please ask your bank to confirm!) then you must wait a
*loooooong* time before even shipping your vehicle!

That said, it is possible that a (foreign?) buyer absolutely wants to
have a nice looking Ghia and then 3 grand is a bargain, EV or not. So,
it is possible that it simply is someone with more money than
realization of what an EV is, he simply wants a nice looking car and
someone will take care that it runs....
I hope you find out soon what the intent of the buyer is!

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626                    Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130                    private: cvandewater.info

http://www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received
this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of
this message is prohibited.