Thanks for the feedback guys, really great info.

Hadn't thought about the torque smoothing qualities of a clutch, which is
also a great reason to have one!

Does anyone know which bolts I can undo to take a look inside the motor?
There are four big ones on the back that are currently going through a
mounting plate so I'm assuming they've been removed and reattached at some
point.

Then there are also 4 small hex head bolts on the front that seem to be
holding on a covering for the front bearing.

But i'm reluctant to unscrew anything without knowing what they do in case
something is released internally that I'm unaware of and I kill my motor...

07966 806 727