I did see the other day a container of "Slime" intended for fixing flats that boldly claimed it was "safe for tire pressure sensors." YMMV

My 2015 did come with the flat kit, but I bought it used from the local Nissan dealer. If I could put in another half a battery pack, it would be perfect for my needs ;-)

     Cal Frye

Oberlin, OH 44074

"War is fought over land that does not care, and issues that are forgotten.
--Robert F. Kaufmann.

Cor van de Water via EV <mailto:ev@lists.evdl.org>
April 20, 2017 at 7:37 PM
Lawrence,
That depends....
I have heard (but never experienced) that is it expensive to replace the kit. Of all Leafs that I have had/seen, only one still had the kit, I do not know where
The kit went on the other ones (all were used cars, private purchase)

If you have roadside assistance, you can get a "free" tow home whereas replacing the kit is expensive And I think it also ruins the TPMS in the wheel, so you will need not only to fix the tire, but also get a new TPMS, Now the costs really start to add up for that little convenience, instead of waiting for the tow truck....

To further open up my options, I managed to find someone selling a complete wheel. The tire is pretty worn and old, but it is perfect as a spare wheel, sitting in my garage. If I get a flat, I can either arrange to bring the wheel to the car or the car to the wheel Before I have to take the damaged tire to the shop (or patch it myself as I have done a couple times now)

Hope this gives some perspective,
Cor.