The problem with any sticky substance introduced into a tire is that it
must go through the tiny inlet valve. That means it has to be thin enough
to get through the tiny hole with minimal pressure to force it in. The main
difference between a standard Shrader valve and one with a TPMS sensor
attached, is that there is usually a 90 degree bend in the tube, at least
in my experience.

I tried to use the standard Slime product on a tire with TPMS, not knowing
there was a newer, thinner version. It clogged up and air would neither go
in, nor come out! My tire store was able to simply run a small rod/nail
through the thing after removing the tire and the Schrader valve. I imagine
the goo must be a similar consistency to the newer, thinner Slime stuff
just in order to get in through the bend past the valve. What it turns into
after that is unknown to me, but aside from clogging the valve, I don't see
how any sort of goo could cause the sensor to fail, unless it also clogs
the pressure port on the sensor housing.
My guess, is that a good cleaning would cure even that, but the tire stores
just want to sell new ones...