Not all EVs must remain plugged in at all times. 'Enough' need to be plugged
in.

Ignoring advances in tech, a couple J1772 plugged in V2G/V2H capable EVs per
block could be enough to smooth out neighborhood subgrids from the
startup/shutdown of household loads and improve voltage stability and reduce
grid generation needs to react as quickly. I imagine any solar generation could
also be modulated.

Point being it doesn't have to be an all or nothing game.

Agreed on the L1 demand side. Let it be modulated. But also provide some L2 and
QC as human needs can be unpredictable, and when urgently needed must not be
throttled.

--
-Chris