It's quite feasible, though the weight may be appreciable.

You don't even have to convert if you don't want to.  The GE Elec-trak lawn
tractors built in the 1970s were sold with snow thrower attachments as an
option, and many are still around.  The snow thrower for the large-frame
E12, E15, and E20 is 42" wide.  There was a 36" thrower for the smaller E10
tractor, but I don't think many were built and sold, so you're not too apt
to find one.

ETs have their weaknesses, but somewhere between hundreds and thousands are
still mowing, lifting, hauling, tilling, sweeping, bulldozing, and moving
snow.  They're pretty solid machines.

ETs show up on Ebay from time to time, and members of the ET email
discussion list (see below) sometimes offer machines for sale.  You should
be able to get an E15 (probably the most common type) in usable shape,
possibly including a front mount mower deck but maybe needing batteries, for
under $500. I've even seen a few rough ones given away.

Expect to pay another hundred or two for a decent snow thrower.

You might want to consider joining the Elec-Trak email discussion list.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator