Hi Folks
When I sold my last conversion last year I thought I wanted a Smart EV from the
information and testing that was done.  When I dug further what is rarely
mentioned is the *no* service manual available and *no* Canbus monitoring like
the LeafSpy.  Also the batteries are *NOT* included so you have to pay an
additional $5k or make $80 monthly payments for the life of the car. Also the
battery warranty is only 4 years and 50k miles if purchasing for $5k extra.
Instead of the industry standard of 100k or 8 years.  On top of that in order
to keep the warranty in effect you have to *tow* the car to a Mercedes
dealership annually for $$ filter change padding - that's willing to work on
Smart EDs.  Neither Mercedes dealer here in Roanoke Va said they'd have
anything to do with any Smarts gas or electric.  So I'd have to tow to DC 525
miles away.  Mercedes is doing their best to discourage buying the electric
Smart.  I really liked the car when in Europe and there should be separate S
 mart dealers here or under a dealer that's on with selling lower profit margin
cars like anyone else except Mercedes.  The dealer here just wants to sell
pricey cars to rich people not fool with the bastard child Smart.  The dealer
said it has half a warranty because it's half a car...  So I
Bought a Leaf and a Spark.  The Leaf is easier to work on with more local
support and every Nissan dealer is on board with it.  Not so with the Chevy
Spark. The local Chevy place here said they won't touch it but I have the shop
manuals.  Hope it doesn't break...   Makes me miss my conversion that was easy
Fix
Best regards
Mark in Roanoke Va
Www.Reevadiy.org.