From: David Chapman via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
> Does anyone know of a source for the AC and DC switch / breakers on a Fair
> Radio charger? These
> appear to be some type of aircraft or mil spec switch with I believe an
> integral breaker.

Yes, I think that is correct. It's a standard type, but I don't recall how it
mounts. Do they mount with a single 15/32" hole? Or with a hole for the toggle
lever, and two screwns (one at each end)?

> When I first got this unit I opened it up, cleaned and checked all the diodes
> and connections and installed a large 120v fan and it has been the neatest
> charger / power supply I have ever owned.

I agree. Simple as dirt; it's just a big transformer with dozens of taps, and
switches to set the output voltage in 1v steps, a bridge rectifier, and
volt/amp meters. Adding a fan is an absolute necessity.

> PS, still got about 50 Rudman Mk I regulator un-populated boards if anyone
> has the parts
> list / docs laying around to share.

I traced out the circuit, and documented it on my website. I use them for
battery testing. See <http://www.sunrise-ev.com/LeesEVs.htm> at the "Battery
Testers" section.

--
Excellence does not require perfection. -- Henry James