From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> on behalf of fred via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 3:26 PM
To: via EV
Subject: [EVDL] Pumping the amperes?

I've searched the world (wide web) over, but haven't been able to pin down the
correct specifics to accomplish my goal. I'm hoping someone here has that
valuable commodity known as experience and can better advise and/or direct me.
I have 180AH LiFePO4 cells that I want to test over an extended period of time.
I have an R/C class charger unit, almost perfect for my requirements, but it
tops out at 100AH on the charge sequence. It also "bottoms out" at the same
value on the discharge sequence. It's exactly what I need, a device to cycle
the batteries, measuring the energy in both directions, but for the 100AH limit.
Does anyone have suggestions regarding a more suitable device? Even in the R/C
world, the limits are so low, but also not something easily found in searches.
Suggestions for search terms would be useful too!
thanksfred