From: Cor van de Water via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
>Maybe you can trick your charger by adding a second resistor of the same
>value parallel to the original for current measurement,
>so the current measurement shows half the actual current
>and then configure your charger to charge and discharge at half the max
>value so that now the 100Ah limit is actually 200Ah

I have an MRC-989 battery charger/discharger/tester with this same problem.
When it worked, it worked fine. But the quality was so low that it failed
several times. After the 4th time, I haven't bothered to fix it.

It doesn't have a proper shunt to measure current; there's just a trace on the
PC board, which they apparently coated parts of it with solder to "calibrate"
it. I could add more solder or wire to change its calibrataion; but the rest of
the meter wasn't really adequate for extended testing at high current anyway.
The power supply would overheat, or the heatsink for the regulator, etc.

Fred, do you have an E-meter / Link-10 / Link-Lite / Link-Pro or similar meter?
You really should get one for your EV to know what's going on with your
batteries. Once you have it, you can use it to test your individual batteries
at currents up to 500a and amphours up to 2000ah.

--
Excellence does not require perfection. -- Henry James