From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Lee Hart via EV
Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2017 10:29 PM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Subject: [EVDL] 40 amp DC relay at BG Micro

B. G. Micro (http://www.bgmicro.com) is a surplus electronics dealer
that often has great deals. I noticed that their current "sale" page has
a Magnecraft
199DBX-3 power relay (contactor), item# REL1151, for $7.50 each. This
contactor has a SPST 40amp 150v DC contact with blowout magnet. If you
check the data sheet, it can also switch much higher DC voltages at
lower current. These are ideal for switching heaters, chargers, and
other high voltage DC loads in EVs.

It has a 24vdc coil; but such coils usually pull in at half voltage, so
it would be OK on 12vdc while your DC/DC converter is running.

Or, I have a "Doubler" that converts 12vdc into 24vdc to drive such
contactors.
See <http://www.sunrise-ev.com/LeesEVs.htm#doubler> for details.

--
The principal defect in a storage battery is its modesty. It does not
spark, creak, groan, nor slow down under overload. It does not rotate.