http://www.islandecho.co.uk/news/isle-wights-first-fully-electric-taxi-launched
ISLE OF WIGHT'S FIRST FULLY ELECTRIC TAXI LAUNCHED
Aug 26, 2017

[image
http://www.islandecho.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/eTaxilaunch2.jpg
Leaf e-Taxi
]

The Isle of Wight’s first fully electric taxi is now out and about on the
roads thanks to Newport-based e-Taxi.

A 2016 Nissan Leaf has been chosen as the eco-friendly vehicle of choice for
Matt Malkin, who recently established e-Taxi thanks to his love of cars.

The service operates from Newport but accepts bookings Islandwide, providing
they are economically viable.

Matt, a 25-year-old graduate from Bournemouth University said:

    “I decided to go for an electric car over a conventional petrol or
diesel powered car as I think there are exciting and a pleasure to drive.
The cars are smooth and quiet and there is of course environmental benefits.

    “Ethics are important to us at e-Taxi; our business cards were made
using recycled material and our branded eco clothing was sourced from
Rapanui, to name just a few examples”.

e-Taxi boasts heated seats, a Bose audio system and space-ship like comfort.

To find out more call 01983 777000 or visit www.e-taxi.co.uk.
[© Island Echo 2017.]

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/