Hi Willy and All,

                                             I'm 4 miles east  of Tampa Bay,
close or at ground zero as the track presently is and where the max winds will
be, the dangerous quadrant .   I'm at 52' and immune to flooding, can't get
deeper than 2" and only until the downpour keeps up a 4"/hr rate for a while as
either soak into the sand or run slightly downhill. and as an old Florida boy,
I know better.
                                             But likely over 100mph winds so I
already signed into a cat 5 shelter and have other options too.
                                             My place, 63 Vette body, chassis,
workshops, etc can't though.
                                             I'm boarded up, packed but will
wait until things get over 45mph steady then hit the shelter for about 10 hrs,
and get back once wind go down to 50mph.
                                           The Clunns are  in low lying like
most all of that area in a mandatory evacuation zone I believe the whole county
is under.
                                             I have an old friend living a
couple miles from them on higher land and he is leaving east.
                                            And close to the coast and good
possibility can get hit by 100mph+ winds and  the surge  if the present course
verifies after the storm passes.  Most it'll depend on the forward speed as it
takes time for the winds to build up the surge but presently say 12-15' in
their area.
                                           And the massive rains that might
happen can bring the flood from inland.
                                           All up if it stays at 120mph + just
offshore putting the most dangerous winds right on the coastal areas most
densely populated and the most time to make the surge, damage will be extensive
losing maybe 25% of homes, buildings and literally changing the coastline      .
                                          Taking out whole islands, losing
200-500' of coast/beaches  with our most expensive properties is likely if it
goes as they say.
                                           The first feeder bands are coming
through Tampa now but they are mostly just good rain storms.
                                              It just hit the Keys with 130mph
winds so likely will be little left for 40 miles likely taking out the only
road, US1 for weeks, months even.
                                            Let's hope it speeds up and veers
west but the just make it bad for others on the upper gulf coast.     We'll
survive but is going to take a lot to put it back together.  I'll do fine as I
can rebuild fairly fast, low cost if needed, even better.
                                         My big worry and interestingly
protects us is I live in an old oak forest that protects us from winds until
they fall down, which is the major reason I'm not staying home in the worse
part in case they do.
                                        All our trees take out the powerlines
like in Charlie a weaker storm that hot me with 75mph winds and took out put
with 3 hot miserable days of listening to generators.  Likely it'll be days,
even a week longer.  Last time I just used my lightweight EV's to supply my
power and almost ran out just when the power came back on.   I had a set up wit
7-11 to recharge my EVs I normally used for extending my 40 mile range but
didn't need it.
                                         Now I have solar, batteries so no
problem for me.
                                         Going to be an interesting 24 hours.