I've seen 300-350 battery amps routinely from good 6v golf car batteries.
There's a reason that 1980s converters used 400a controllers in their 96-
120v golf car battery conversions.

If your batteries have been on a "maintainer" for 2 years, there's a good
chance that they now have significant positive grid corrosion from
overcharging.  That will cause increased internal resistance and thus lower
peak power.

Unless you're using them in a standby power system, and maybe not even then,
batteries in storage are better off being cycled periodically (say every 1-3
months), not left on float chargers to rot.  The higher their specific
energy (meaning higher SG electrolyte), the more they suffer from grid
corrosion.

PS - I wouldn't call most cars or pickups with 16 golf car batteries "lead
sleds."  To deserve that label, the EV should have something near or over
50% of its weight in batteries.

One infamous lead sled example was Robert Aronson's Mars IIs.  They were
tiny, flyweight Renault R10s converted with 20 (!) batteries.  Some of their
body seams literally opened up from the battery weight after 8-10 years. Bob
Rice (RIP), who I'm pretty sure helped build the Mars II cars, described
them as  "elepants on roller skates."

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator