All good questions, some of which have not been worked out yet ;-)

Provisions have been made in the plans for two 240v 40A circuits for
this purpose.
Point taken about providing 20A 120v outlets, but typically no one is
present onsite for more than 4 hours at a time.
Some of us come from far enough away that obtaining a full charge in 2-3
hours is ideal.

Private or public?
A timer or simple on-off switch located inside the building has been
discussed, but it may be interesting and useful to meter the unit and
see what the local demand outside of church hours might really be. Some
sort of deal with Chargepoint or EVGo might be achieved, so that members
could charge at free or reduced rates and general public more. Some of
us are open to leaving it free for public use, but Ohio has fewer EVs
than California so current demand is lower. There are 4 public
Chargepoint stations available 15 min walk away, but there is also a
parking fee in that garage. It is also more conveniently located to the
downtown area.

Cal