http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/opinion/letters-electric-car-meant-irma-gas-lines/PDrR7vAN1O7dU7RKK5rXRI/
Letters: Electric car meant no Irma gas lines
Sept. 24, 2017

The writer of “Electric vehicles faced challenges” (Sept. 18) [
http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/opinion/letters-deaths-nursing-home-without-generator-national-disgrace/jUaNB0GSNLG01zCzDuvZUM/
] couldn’t be more wrong about electric cars and the hurricane.

It was great not waiting in gas lines. I was able to keep my vehicle charged
throughout the storm and after. I went to Ponte Vedra. There was a charging
station in Port Orange, six chargers, five available. Coming home, I
recharged at Port St. Lucie. Again, six chargers, five available. I could
have brought my portable generator with me and used that to recharge.

It was fantastic having electric. This hurricane showed how our reliance on
gas and a shortage of it sends people into a frenzy. -IAN BROWN, JUPITER
[FL] ...
[© 2017 Cox Media]

http://insideevs.com/hurricane-survival-tesla-vehicle-tesla-powerwall-solar-roof/
Hurricane Survival 101: Tesla Vehicle, Tesla Powerwall, Solar Roof
Sep 23, 2017  However, power outages can also strand ICE vehicles, as gas
pumps require electricity to work. Gas stations in hurricane zones are
generally required to have ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/