> On Oct 6, 2017, at 2:24 PM, Robert Bruninga via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
> I hope that as we help to rebuild the islands and mainland devastated by
> the hurricanes, that we think forward how we rebuild smartly.

Coincidentally, in connection with my day-job, I’m one of the commissioners on
the “Commission on Caribbean Communications Resilience,” which is doing a
Space-Shuttle-Challenger-Commision-style analysis of the telecoms failure
that’s left three countries completely offline.

So, yes, there’s some attention being paid to the long term, even as the
immediate needs of the refugees are also being attended to.

It’s kind of heartbreaking to have to choose between short-term and long-term
in these situations.

                                -Bill