      From: Cor van de Water via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
 To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: Cor van de Water <cwa...@proxim.com>
 Sent: Thursday, November 2, 2017 11:34 AM
 Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: 1Pedal e-driving fun& excitement> 2keep ice-head's
driver involvement

OK, so Nissan spends a lot of hoopla to say that BMW is right?
And BMW is not even the first, they just made it more popular.
Many other EVs have experimented with increased regen braking selection.
My 1994 US Electricar has the option by switching its "gear stick"
to a different "gear" to choose between light regen [D], forceful regen [2]
and crushing regen [1]. I usually drive the truck in [2] which does exactly
what I hear that the new Nissan Leaf is now bringing to the masses:
1-pedal driving for  everything except the moments you did not anticipate.
It feels pretty natural t hover the pedal to coast and release the pedal to
decelerate.
Cor.