Musk gives 'promise' that Tesla will make pickup truck after Model Y
December 26, 2017  Reuters

Musk: Tesla pickup could have "gamechanging" feature.

Tesla Inc. will build a pickup truck soon after producing electric crossover
vehicle Model Y, CEO Elon Musk said on Tuesday.

"I promise that we will make a pickup truck right after Model Y. Have had
the core design/engineering elements in my mind for almost 5 years. Am dying
to build it," Musk wrote in a Twitter post.

When asked if the truck would be in the same size class as the Ford F-150,
Musk responded:

"Similar total size. Maybe slightly bigger to account for a really
gamechanging (I think) feature I’d like to add."

The Model Y, to be built on the same platform as the Model 3 sedan, was
tentatively scheduled to begin production in mid-2019, Reuters reported in

The electric vehicle maker first announced plans for a pickup truck last
July, alongside a "master plan" to develop a commercial truck, a public
transport bus and a compact SUV.

Musk had said in April that the pickup truck would be unveiled within 18 to
24 months.
Tesla's Elon Musk sets his sights on a pickup truck
December 26, 2017  Musk had initially set a target of December for that
level of production. The CEO has said the company's China factory, expected
to come online in 2018, will focus primarily on producing the Model 3 and
the Model Y. Electric vehicles are predicted to surpass 4 percent of U.S.
market share in 2018, the largest amount ever, ...
Elon Musk Says Tesla Pickup Truck Next on Vehicle Lineup
December 26, 2017  The next vehicle on the horizon for electric automaker
Tesla Inc. is a pickup truck. Adding a pickup truck to its lineup would make
Tesla the first full-line electric automaker. It will compete in a wider
selection of segments than established internal combustion engine brands
such as BMW, Hyundai and Subaru. Elon Musk ...

AMG and Linkin Park team up to give electric sports cars a new voice
Dec 22, 2017  There's thinking outside of the box, and then there's letting
Linkin Park help decide what your next generation of electric cars will
sound like, and that's precisely what Mercedes-AMG is doing. As electric
cars become more familiar and the lack of the sound of an internal
combustion engine loses its novelty, automakers are ...
NVIDIA Is Powering Urban Mobility & Autonomous Electric Car, The UNITI
December 24, 2017  Nvidia continues it efforts in developing AI in auto
industry by contributing to the UNITI project. For the sustainable
production facility on the Swedish coast, startup Uniti recently unveiled a
vision for the future transportation. The centerpiece: Uniti One ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:

Sent from:
Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (