Hey Jerry

I would give Carl over at Evdrives a call, he should be able to recommend
something cost effective.  I have a couple 96 ezgos that I fixed one up for
my pig.  Originally one came with an aftermarket 36/48 Alltrax controller
which was running at 36v.  I replaced the dead batteries with a 48v pack,
motor had no issues running at that voltage but the used controller failed
within a couple months.  I replaced it with an Alltrax series controller
and D&D motor.  Shunt controllers are usually more expensive then series
controllers.  The EZGO TXT I have has a Spicer diff as well, not sure of
the exact ratios, you can get high speed gear sets but they are pricey
IMO.  The bolt pattern on my spicer axles is 4 x100 so larger rims from an
ATV or Civic would also give you more distance per turn.  Watch how much
load you put on those sealed motors, most are Iron cased and dissipate heat
poorly.  I have a thermostat and fan on mine now.

Cheers
Dan