Interesting from a production point of view.  If they have a need for low
quantities (relative) of motors with different HP then it might make sense to
tools once and then be able to vary the characteristics during assembly.  I was
thinking it might be more interesting if they put the rotor on a lead screw and
allowed the positioning of the magnets w.r.t. the coils to be adjusted.  Would
provide something like field weakening on a permanent magnet motor.

Regards,
Lawrence Harris
lhar...@haritech.com