ROBERT via EV wrote:
Is it possible to use different magnet lengths in the same motor?

It's possible, but wouldn't make much sense. It would take a pretty specialized application to require it. Try to imagine making an ICE with different size pistons for each cylinder.

It should be noted that electric motors have been around for 150+ years, and diligently worked on my some of the most brilliant minds in engineering. It's mighty hard to come up with anything that hasn't already been tried before. Most "breakthroughs" (like this one from GM) are just re-discoveries of old ideas, or minor enhancement to slightly improve cost or efficiency.

--
Whether we or our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all
our deals and decisions, and she has more votes, a longer memory,