Thanks, for the information
I have been researching & looking at a lot of different Reed Relays.
I understand, a 12V Reed relay coil is needed to be able, to be operated, by
the ignition of an automobile's electrical system & that the switched current
is only going to be like 20ma.
but, there are so many of different voltages, capacities etc.
I also, noticed that many even have different ohm rating's listed.
Could you recommend or point me toward a specific relay for this situation or
at least what details to look for?

It may be a dumb question but, could a (12V - 1.5Kohm) Reed Relay be used as,
or in place of, the 1.5Kohm resistor & as a switch?
Thanks,            Kevin