Lawrence Rhodes via EV wrote:
Simply put a switch in the fuel door or harder, use a relay to open a critical
circuit.  So simple but so necessary.  My factory vehicle has this built-in.
Lawrence Rhodes

I worked on a fleet of EVs for a pizza delivery restaurant in Minneapolis MN. The charger was off-board, so there was a big 40 amp DC cable between it and the car. To prevent drive-offs and arcing at the connector, I glued a magnet into the connector on the charging cord, and put a reed switch in the charging receptacle. When you unplugged, it first opened the microswitch, which opened a contactor to disconnect DC power and enable the 12v system so it could be driven.

--
Whether we or our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all
our deals and decisions, and she has more votes, a longer memory,