I saw this in the news today....people seem to be of two minds about it....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-30/harley-davidson-is-making-an-electric-motorcycle-after-livewire

On Tuesday, during a routine earnings call, Harley-Davidson Inc. announced
it will produce an all-electric motorcycle.

The announcement accompanied news of additional job cuts and a plant closure
<https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-30/harley-misses-estimates-struggling-to-make-america-bike-again>
at the
Milwaukee-based company. It also came four years after Harley unveiled its
“LiveWire” project, a prototype all-electric motorcycle.

“You’ve heard us talk about Project LiveWire,” Matt Levatich, the president
and chief executive officer of Harley-Davidson, told listeners during the
call on Tuesday. “It’s an active project we’re preparing to bring to market
within 18 months.''

If it is anything like its precursor, the new motorcycle, which was not
named, will carry a roughly 50-mile range and be able to go from 0 to 60
miles per hour in 4 seconds. By comparison, Zero’s SR hits 60mph in 3.3
seconds, and the Mission R racer has a top speed of more than 150mph, with
a sub-3-second sprint time. A standard Ducati Monster 1200 motorcycle can
hit 60mph in just under 3 seconds...