Hey John

First of all that is one awesome truck!  The best Ford EV in my opinion! :-)

Since you are only looking for clutch action while rolling I would also
suggest an actuator too but maybe something that is air or vacuum driven.
I have used electric linear actuators before with a cheap reversing pole
switch on one of my boats to operate the forward and reverse.  Outboards
have a clutch dog in forward that allows the prop to spin on deceleration
so reversing the motor would only spin the clutch and not the prop.  I used
a 4 inch stroke linear actuator but it didn't work great - too slow was the
main cause - took 4-6 seconds to go from from Forward to reverse, which
seemed to be an eternity when trying to slow down and dock.  Second issue
was that the stroke got a little out of alignment and pushed too hard on
the lever and eventually put a notch in the shift mechanism which caused
reverse to become troublesome.  I ended tearing the bottom end out and
putting a spacer in the clutch dog spring which made the clutch pretty well
locked so I could put the traction motor in reverse instead.  But in your
case a small air actuator would work well and would move a lot quicker,
especially on release as the clutch spring could push it back very
quickly.  A linear actuator might work for you but they are probably too
slow for your use, even a couple seconds each way would be pretty painful
on the highway I imagine.

Cheers
Dan

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 2:17 PM, Cliff Crabtree via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

> [...]
>
> 1992 manual transmission combined brake clutch pedal assembly:
> https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/o14AAOSw8-FaVSQR/s-l1600.jpg
>

> Yes. It does appear that the pedal assemblies for automatic and manual
> transmissions are quite different and it would be very difficult to add a
> clutch pedal to the brake assembly for the automatic. What I am suggesting
> is replacing the (single pedal) brake pedal assembly with the (two pedal)
> combined clutch brake pedal assembly from a manual transmission F-150. It
> appears that the single pedal assembly is bolted to the firewall/vacuum
> booster/master cylinder with 4 bolts through the firewall plus 2 bolts to a
> cross member above the assembly (probably the dash support).  Removing
> these 6 bolts and the linkage to the brake master cylinder would allow the
> removal of this assembly.  It appears that 5 of the 6 bolt holes can be
> reused to attach the combined two pedal assembly.  If the cross member does
> not a have hole properly aligned for the attachment of the dual pedal
> assembly a new hole would need to be drilled.  Reconnect brake master
> cylinder the linkage and you would now have the brake setup as original but
> with a clutch pedal flopping on the outboard side of the brake pedal.
>
> Two additional holes may need to be drilled for attaching the clutch
> master cylinder to the firewall and a hole cut for the linkage to the
> clutch master cylinder.  Then attach the clutch master cylinder to the
> firewall and the clutch pedal. Install the slave cylinder on the
> transmission/bell housing. Install the hydraulic tubing between master
> cylinder and the slave cylinder.
>
> That being said, this does not answer your original question but is rather
> a follow on to another another suggestion.
>
> To address though not actually answer your original question:
>

> I have been looking for linear actuators to replace the shift and selector
> cables.  he cables take up too much space in the engine compartment of my
> Fiero - space where  would rather put batteries.  So I have been looking to
> this a little.  In general what I've found is that it is difficult to fine
> speed force and travel that would meet my requirements.  I can have to of
> the three, almost any two but not all three.  But this site might be worth
> a look for your problem.
>
> https://www.progressiveautomations.com/linear-actuators/
> stroke/1-inch/force/150-lbs
>

> <https://www.progressiveautomations.com/linear-actuators/
> stroke/1-inch/force/150-lbs>
>
> Click on the shopping cart to configure what you want.  I chose 1" - 150
> lbs and the only speed option was 0.59 inches per second.  which means it
> would take 1.7 seconds to move the full 1".  This may be a little slower
> that what your looking for. There may be other configuration options that
> would work for you.
>

> Hope this helps
>

> Cliff
>

> On 02/25/2018 07:03 PM, John Lussmyer via EV wrote:

>>> Pedal-Assembly-F150-F250-F350-Bronco-Manual/323080675802?