This all sounds totally illogical. Is it assumed that EV drivers do not buy snacks or soft drinks or use the washroom while traveling? All the gas stations would have to do is add a charging station or two and they would have the electric car people for longer impulse shopping sprees than they do the ICE folks since charging is slower.

Yes Bruce, stoopid!

P.S. Before there were ANY public charging facilities I often stopped at a convenience store and asked if I could plug in to their outdoor lighting or behind the soda machine. They were agreeable, once they figured out what I was asking, as long as I shopped while there.