Jay Summet wrote:

> I'm wondering how much capacity the capacitors are adding to the system,
> as the voltage of the capacitors can never go below the sag voltage of
> the LiIon cells under load, and can never go above the LiIon cells
> voltage during regen.
>
> I'd love to see a comparison graph of the voltage of the system battery
> bank during a hard acceleration and a hard regen event both with and
> without the capacitors installed to see the voltage regulation effect.

Victor Tikhonov (of MetricMind) used a string of 2.7kF Maxwell supercaps (17F
total) in parallel with the lithium pack in his CRX conversion, back in 2004.

Something Victor mentioned on the site for his conversion is the need to
disconnect the string of caps from the battery during charge.

Unfortunately, the links in Victor's original message (quoted below) appear
dead, however, his comments describing the results of his measurements are
still informative.